Handmade Cards bundle - Fundraising for Can Assist Finley (Click the style button to see bundles available)
A box of handmade cards was donated to the Can Assist Finley branch for fundraising purposes.
Cards are blank inside.
All card sale proceeds go to CanAssist Finley.
The branch formed a little over two years ago and has supported many people on their journey with Cancer in the local area.
For more information on the work of CanAssist go here : https://www.canassist.com.au/
To contact the Finley branch:
Who is Can Assist?
Can Assist, is committed to ensuring that all country people, regardless of where they live in NSW, have access to cancer treatment and care. By providing support for accommodation and financial assistance to people from rural and regional areas, we ensure that country people are given the same opportunities and choices about the kind of treatment they receive as people in city centres.
Since 1955, Can Assist's network of branches have grown to over 55. These branches raise vital funds to provide direct support to those in their local communities affected by cancer.
- 21% of people in Outer Regional/Remote/Very Remote areas waited longer than they felt it was acceptable to get an appointment with a GP. (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2018 'Australia's Health'. Australia's Health Series no. 16. AUS 221, Canberra: AIHW)
- There are 94% fewer oncologists in the rural healthcare workforce, compared to major cities. (A Rural Context, A Rural Perspective: Cancer, Garvan Research Foundation, 2016)
- The further a cancer patient lives from a major city, the more likely they are to die within five years of diagnosis. (National Rural Health Alliance, 2012 .'Cancer in Rural Australia' Fact Sheet. Canberra, National Rural Health Alliance )
- We provide financial assistance through our branch network.
- We offer supported accommodation at Lilier Lodge in Wagga Wagga in partnership with Cancer Council NSW.